Is it possible for a man to have postpartum depression? Because I think that I have it now that my third novel is done. I found some causes of real postpartum and I have simply taken out the word baby and replaced it with book, and the word mother with the word writer.
- Tired after delivery
- Tired from a lack of sleep or broken sleep
- Overwhelmed with a new book
- Doubts about your ability to be a good writer
- Stress from changes in work and home routines
- An unrealistic need to be a perfect writer
- Loss of who you were before writing the book
- Less attractive
- A lack of free time
Add in the atrocious butt stink from sitting in the same chair night after night for a month and the fear of wearing pants again and you have what I have now. All of the rest of the symptoms are pretty much spot on, especially the second to last one. They say it goes away in time and with professional help, but since I haven’t sold anything I don’t have the money for a shrink. Hopefully once I start another pregnancy I will get over the last one.